This is a poem blog that explores everyday life in a way that is practical and simple

Saturday, October 25, 2014

What have I to give you?


The time I was sullen
You did put a smile on my face
I wanted to have a way
The roads did open easily
The time I was emaciated
You liberated me with no qualms
My worries reached at peak
Solace you provided at that hour
The time I pretended and faked it
Like a father you were realistic
Other occasions I failed the target
A leaning shoulder you provided
When friends castigated me
You provided me with comfort

And that time I did fall
You took my hand to rise again
You did win for me my battles
Gave me stamina in life
Sometimes you left me solely
Indeed to make me strong
The journey had been gruesome
Still you never tired in me
There was time you overwhelmed
Seldom letting me fail my way
What have I to give you?
I can only give you my troubles
And no parcel or gift to you
My package is full of complaints
Desires that you find intolerable
Wishful thinking is my persona
Unable to find stance that is unshakable

Rigid and conservative my nature
Livid when things don’t work
I want to seek your way
The joy of loving you daily
Conserve my faith and let me be
Lift me to even greater heights
Make me a winner in my contests
Let my star shine each day
For I want to be the best
Live a legacy to let others live
Your charm makes me ecstatic
Like a child I come unto you
Only to thank you for all that I have


0 comments:

Post a Comment