This is a poem blog that explores everyday life in a way that is practical and simple

Thursday, October 16, 2014

The conniving

He had this caption that scares
Talking robust and with pride
All his speech was full of pomp
The glamour and the glory in life
At first I did have the fear
Then I remembered another fellow
Of the same ilk and empty talk
Funny their talk is usually weird
Decreasing at an increasing rate
The fact that it has no tenacity
I love to hear those stories
When he said he hired a Chrysler
I bet he was dreaming of doing so
Adorned in Gucci from head to toe
Presently having bought cheap cardigans
Used for that matter and interesting
Hearing these tales like a fiction piece
Had a very queer girlfriend I bet
Your destiny is shaped not by anyone
You determine it yourself
His better half even amazed him
Fact he was a country boy gambling
How did he gain the acceptance?
Said fake it till you make it
And his speech spoke of that
Not until he said his folks were struggling
Knew he did very well about them
A lifestyle contrary to theirs
Reading in between the lines of the chap
You were really amazed by some things
I really found just too petty
You laid it bare and I was mesmerized
How birds of the same feather

0 comments:

Post a Comment