This is a poem blog that explores everyday life in a way that is practical and simple

Saturday, September 27, 2014

If tomorrow ever comes


One day I will marvel  the fruits of my labour
I shall rejoice and be glad in the aftermath
Like a lark I will be gay at my luck
In the event that I will have flourished
After hope had shrunk and patience gone

On that fateful day of my come up
I will stand tall and be like a peacock
None will stop my quest and resolve
Complete with fragile agility so secure
Only grace respite the new found vanity

Yet that day I don’t want to be arrogant
My mien should be charming and meek
Like a humble lamb I want to be revered
Neither do I intend to rub any shoulders
The wrong way to invoke undue odium

That very day I will hold a gala
To celebrate with all and sundry
Who stood by my side persistently
After the celebration comes to an end
Reality will dawn but life has to continue

The sorrows of yesterday will be no more
Scarcity erased and superfluity welcome
In my life to the thrones of eternity
But if tomorrow will ever come to be
Then I will marvel the fruits of my labour

0 comments:

Post a Comment