This is a poem blog that explores everyday life in a way that is practical and simple

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The slippery damsel


The first time I saw you, dressed to kill
You had this sophistication that left me
Agape so I had to retreat
Then I saw you on the staircase
I didn’t mind your company that moment
There is something you should be hiding
You currently pretend you don’t know me
I must say you are a good actor
Problem is that you have not got the chance
Of going to the screen for that matter
Perhaps you should start with the nearby
It has horned the talents of many a successful

Imagine that day, I bet you remember
I had to struggle to maintain the chat
You left me thinking; I never read your mind
Not a single word did you utter, I regret
Wasting my time walking with your highness
I know you don’t remember it very well
Or did I go wrong, then what’s your take
You will never see this in your whole life
Am supposed to hide it even from my eyes
That’s a lie, this is my literature

Have you ever thought of making me jealous?
I will say I am humbled by that thought
What about the actions, do you target someone?
One day it will be my turn of revenge
Promise, my vengeance will be terrible
I have decided to raise the first two fingers
You know their meaning say streetwise
Patient I am waiting for that hour of grace
Waiting for your fall is not in the equation
If that is the case then I will have to retreat

Sometimes it hurts, but you must swallow
Don’t you feel something, heavy in your heart?
Or do I conclude that I am the one
Who never acted as required of me, now
If it is your will do forgive me
For your star is on the rise
This I admit has not leveled the playing ground
After all you are the queen and that needs
Royal treatment, beautiful one for you are a bimbo

Only time is a healer, I rest my case


0 comments:

Post a Comment